Frameworks / Plasma/ Gear Release Schedule Plan

christoph at cullmann.io christoph at cullmann.io
Tue Sep 5 21:42:13 BST 2023

On 2023-09-04 22:59, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dilluns, 4 de setembre de 2023, a les 18:50:45 (CEST), David
> Edmundson va
> escriure:
>> Following on from the last Akademy we checked where we were with our
>> development progress in a meeting and settled on the following plan
>> for all 3 major parts:
>>
>>  - In KDE Gear master will be open for Qt6 code to land for those
>> ready to move. Not all apps need to port.
>
> For the trigger happy among us...
>
> This is a plan/proposal, let's give people at least one week to
> comment/
> disagree on it before making master Qt6-only for Gear apps.

Hi,

yes, good point.

Just a technical question: if we do this after that period, what is
the process to do it for an application belonging to Gear?

Will it just be sufficient e.g. for Kate to drop the Qt 5 variants in

https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/blob/master/.kde-ci.yml?ref_type=heads

and

https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml?ref_type=heads

and require KF 6 + Qt 6 in the CMake files or is there additional stuff
that
needs updates to avoids one breaks stuff?

Greetings
Christoph