QML: a packagers nightmare. Assistance please.

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Wed Nov 8 14:51:26 GMT 2023

On 11/8/23 05:08, Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> that ShadowedLabel is literally one QML file with a Label and a
> DropShadow. KWin could just not use that (and build its own) and we’d
> resolve the issue.

It's a small component, but it exists to ensure visual consistency
between all the different Plasma UIs that used shadowed white text;
before this, their appearance and implementations were inconsistent. So
I would not want to port away from the component entirely.

That said, if having it in plasma-workspace is problematic, I think
putting it in plasma-framework (or whatever that repo ends up being
renamed to) seems like an easy solution. If folks agree, I can do that.

Nate