plasma-framework, kactivities and kactivities-stats: please consider proper de-KF-ication now

Shantanu Tushar Jha shantanu at kde.org
Mon Nov 6 06:58:46 GMT 2023

Hi,

+1 to what Carl said. Right now my Elisa barely needs any time to read my
music library, presumably because Baloo already has it indexed. It'll be
quite a shame if apps did their own indexing, wasting time and power.

The effects (of removing Baloo support) are even more pronounced if we
consider that a majority of Elisa users are running Plasma as well.
(Citation needed, I know, but IMO it's not such a risky assumption.)

Regards,
Shantanu