Move krunner also to plasma bundle?

Alexander Lohnau alexander.lohnau at gmx.de
Sun Nov 5 17:45:32 GMT 2023

Heyho,

I discussed with David Edmundson that it might be a good idea to move
the milou QML bits to plasma-workspace. That allows easier codesharing
for some KFileItemActions integrations that Kai (and I in an abandoned
patch) have been working on. Though, this has the same issues regarding
the KWin overview effect.

Regarding Friedrichs points:
In KF5, KRunner has had a large dependency tree, including
plasma-frameworks in its public header. The model has been moved from
Milou to KRunner in KF6. This makes KRunner more useful (without having
to implement a model oneself) for consumers. Due to the model move,
there should no longer be many issues of synchronizing changes, because
logic like sorting is now in one place.

I do not think that is it makes sense to differentiate between stable
plugin APIs and other, unstable APIs. Maybe one non-plugin relevant API
is the model, but that only exposes stuff from the plugin API (like
QueryMatch properties).

Regards
Alex