Remaining plasma-framework KF6 tasks

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Sun Jul 9 11:56:50 BST 2023

Hi,

on the KF6 workboard there's a number of plasma-framework related tasks
that are still open. Some of them are actionable, others probably not or
need discussion.

I would appreciate if someone could go over the open tasks and triage
them, i.e. determine whether we consider them done, whether they are
still relevant, whether we need more discussion on it.

This helps us get a clear picture of what still needs to be done before
a potential 6.0 release of Frameworks/Plasma and thus helps with
planning our release timeline.

In particular I'd like input on these tasks:

- Split plasma-framework: https://phabricator.kde.org/T11642

- What to do with splitted frameworks: https://phabricator.kde.org/T12118

- qml imports plasma Core: https://phabricator.kde.org/T12117

- Discuss: QML scriptapplet plugin: https://phabricator.kde.org/T12111

- Deprecate Plasma::Theme https://phabricator.kde.org/T12108

- plasma-framework improvements / breaking changes:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T14954

The Plasma 6 board could use a similar cleanup.

If we need discussion on any of this we can organize a BBB meeting like
we have in the past.

Cheers

Nico