Do you use votes on Bugzilla tickets to help you make decisions?

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Fri Aug 4 14:52:36 BST 2023

Hello folks!

I often find myself explaining to users that votes on Bugzilla tickets
are generally meaningless and not used by most developers to help
prioritize work. After I explain this, they generally express surprise,
as it's not obvious.

I find myself wondering whether it would make sense to disable the
voting feature by default to avoid giving our users this false impression.

So if you *do* take user votes into consideration when determining what
tickets to prioritize, I'd like to hear from you!

Nate