Plasma welcome wizard plans

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Tue Sep 20 01:23:33 BST 2022

Hello distro folks!

A few of us have been working on a welcome wizard for Plasma; see
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-welcome. The idea is to be an
onboarding experience to teach people basics about what KDE and Plasma
weare, how to get started using the system, how to get involved and
donate, and so on. It would also be used to show release notes after
upgrade.

I know some of you represent distros that already have their own
first-run wizards. We don't want the user to see two wizards, so would
you prefer to continue showing your own wizard and don't show the KDE
one (which is perfectly fine), or to migrate the content in yours to one
or more new pages the KDE one, should such a thing become possible by
supplying custom distro-specific pages?

Nate