Plasma 5.25.90

Vlad Zahorodnii vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 10:27:50 BST 2022

On 9/15/22 22:43, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> On Thursday, September 15, 2022 16:11 CEST, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
>
>> Plasma 5.25.90 is now released
>
> kwin fails to build against kwayland 5.98.0 because autotests/integration/test_helpers.cpp calls KWayland::Client::Output::name(), which only exists in HEAD.
> It works after adding commit cb13afd8530f651c7d0ce82e47eaa3e1939bd676 to kwayland 5.98.0 (or just using HEAD kwayland).
> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kwayland/-/commit/cb13afd8530f651c7d0ce82e47eaa3e1939bd676.patch
>
> Another potential "fix" is to disable that particular test.

Oh, shoot. It looks like we missed tagging after all. :(

There are two options either -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF or avoid building the
tests that use KWayland::Client::Output.
KWayland::Client::Output::name() is used exclusively by autotests, kwin
itself doesn't need it.

I would like to avoid reverting the relevant changes because they would
affect our autotests and there's no easy way to work around not having
KWayland::Client::Output::name().

Regards,
Vlad