Plasma-nm: passing on maintainership

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 13:06:20 BST 2022

Hi,

When I joined KDE as a developer, I started as a newbie working on
NetworkManager and ModemManager integration and ended up writing one of the
core Plasma components. Thanks to this I gained a lot of experience,
attended a few Akademy conferences and met amazing people. I'm really
grateful for the experience and I consider it as an important part of
my life. Unfortunately, as life goes on and new projects appear, I found
that I basically have zero time to dedicate to anything related to
NetworkManager/ModemManager integration in KDE and all the bugs assigned to
me for these components don't get enough attention from my side.

For that reason I would like to ask to update bugzilla components for
*kf5-networkmanager-qt*, *kf5-modemmanager-qt* and *plasma-nm* to have
plasma-devel as default assignee and find someone who can be assigned by
default to all code reviews to lead these projects. I will still happily
help from time to time to explain some things around plasma-nm, but I will
no longer be able to actively fix bugs and develop new features.

I will still be around, mostly working on things around Flatpak, PipeWire,
etc.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jan Grulich