Wrong .desktop file for Konqueror in Application Launcher favourites section and in Task Manager

Stefano Crocco stefano.crocco at alice.it
Sun May 22 19:39:02 BST 2022

Hello to everyone,
I'm the current Konqueror maintainer. I'm writing because I'd need some help
about bugs like #453822. They report that clicking on the Konqueror icon which
appears on the task manager launches a Konqueror window with an "Undocumented
error".

The problem is that the icon, like the Konqueror entry which appears in the
"Favourites" page of the "Application Launcher" (but not the one in the
"Internet" section of the same launcher) corresponds to kfmclient_html.desktop
rather than konqbrowser.desktop. kfmclient_html expects to be given an URL as
argument and produces a meaningless error when no URL is given.

I don't know whether this problem should be fixed on Konqueror side or on
Plasma side, as I don't know how Plasma decides which entries should be
displayed. I tried to look at Plasma source code, but I'm not familiar with
it, so I wasn't able to find anything.

Could someone please help me finding out how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Stefano

Please, if you answer this mail, CC the answer to me as I'm not subscribed to
the mailing list.