C++/library requirements for Plasma 5.26

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jul 7 17:41:46 BST 2022

On Thursday, 7 July 2022 14:55:03 CEST Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Not because of QCoro itself, but that clang doesn't yet officially
> support coroutines. According to [1] they have a partial support
> since version 8, and according to [2] they might lead to problems
> when coroutines might be resumed on a wrong thread (if I'm
> reading this correctly), with a comment 'This feature requires
> further analysis of the C++ Standard to determine what work is
> necessary for conformance.'

On the FreeBSD side, we're slowly giving up on FreeBSD 12, which means that we
can count on FreeBSD 13, which uses this clang from the ground up:

FreeBSD clang version 13.0.0 (git at github.com:llvm/llvm-project.git
llvmorg-13.0.0-0-gd7b669b3a303)

(I can't vouch for powerpc, though; that might be gcc). qcoro doesn't build on
12, but does on 13 and later. I don't know if it **works**, but it builds.
It's possible to use other / newer clangs for package building, although it's
a hassle. Heck, it would even be possible to build the entire Qt / KDE / stack
on FreeBSD with gcc, though I'd call that a pretty miserable failure for clang
as a project for modern C++.

[ade]