[GSoC Draft proposal] Redesign system settings modules by porting them to QtQuick

Smit Patil smit17av at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:20:48 BST 2022

> I think for the Font Management KCM there was a conclusion that we would
> remove that from systemsettings and have it as a standalone application
> instead, so porting to QML isn't strictly necessary.

For the KWin Scripts KCM Alex is already working on a port:

I removed those KCMs from my proposal

As for the proposal itself: It's currently a bit superficial, merely
> saying port X in week Y. Maybe you could add a bit more detail about
> what kind of challenges there might be while porting?

Smit: I didn't look at the kcms in question at all but imo 1 week per kcm
> can
> be very steep.

I have added some extra text and adjusted the timelines.
Coding part seems easy to me. UI/UX will take time I guess

Please checkout new attached proposal