Monday meeting notes for 4/4/2022

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:21:31 BST 2022

Aleix
* I'm more or less still working on the global shortcuts portal and sddm

Arjen
* nothing too major from my side, I did some work on virtual keyboard
related stuff
* including fixing some focus handling things in the network and
clipboard applets
* I did a change for qqc2-desktop-style that should reduce memory
usage a little and (in my opinion) improves code readability
* generally, I wish QObject::connect was a little cheaper on memory usage

Nate
* Lots of MR review and bug triage
* Gave PlaceholderMessages throughout Plasma icons to go with their text
* Made Task Manager icon spacing increase when in Tablet Mode with
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/880. In
conjunction with Marco's recent work to make Breeze widgets bigger in
tablet mode, we have have a fairly complete UI scaling story for
Tablet Mode!
* Would appreciate review on
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-nm/-/merge_requests/109,
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/plasma-framework/-/merge_requests/491,
and https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/plasma-framework/-/merge_requests/473
* We still have 34 known unfixed regressions in Plasma 5.24:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&keywords=regression%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=2023541&order=dupecount%20DESC%2Cchangeddate%20DESC%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&query_format=advanced&version=5.23.90&version=5.24.0&version=5.24.1&version=5.24.2&version=5.24.3&version=5.24.4

Marco
# KWin
* more work on and merged touch friendly changes for Overview
* realtime touchpad gesture support for overview
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/2196
# Breeze
* more work for widgets enlarging on tablet mode, meged \o/