Soft Feature Freeze

Bhushan Shah bshah at mykolab.com
Thu Sep 16 07:38:16 BST 2021

On 2021-08-31 19:53, David Edmundson wrote:

> Soft feature freeze is nearly here.
>
> Soft freeze takes effect on Thursday the 2nd September. After that we
> are to avoid any ridiculously big changes and huge refactors.
>
> If there are any major things stuck in review, please respond to this
> email so they can be prioritised. If there are any new repos that
> should be part of plasma, please start making a scene now.
>
> Frameworks will be fixed to 5.86.
>
> The full final hard freeze is the 16th September.
>
> David

As we had discussed and agreed on this in Monday meeting,

We plan to merge
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/902

It is one of required bit in Plasma Mobile in the sense that it allows
to configure some locale variables which are then used by the
libphonenumber for example to correctly format the phone numbers.