plasma-wayland-protocols, kwayland, kwayland-server, and kwin have to recompiled

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Sep 1 09:27:50 BST 2021

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 9:56 AM David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>
wrote:

> Bumping this thread to say, this (a bump of plasma-wayland-protocols)
> has just happened again and I imagine we have two more landing this
> week.
>
> This probably will result in broken CI for a few days, which is far
> from ideal, but it's why we have our feature freeze early.

I find the acceptance here of things being "broken" concerning, especially
in something that is a dependency of a Framework.
As plasma-wayland-protocols is a dependency of KWayland (a Framework) any
issues with it have far greater implications than just Plasma.

Breakages in Frameworks cannot be accepted for several days.

> David

Regards,
Ben