My login screen and lock screen are different

Méven meven29 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:07:58 BST 2021

Hi,

Those are two different settings, one for the lockscreen (kscreenlocker)
and one for the login manager (sddm).
The screenlocer appears after you have logged in, and the login manager is
what allows you to log in in the first place.
The appearance setting for the lockscreen is in workspace > workspace
behavior > lockscreen, Button appearance.
You have to set them separately.

That's something we have been meaning to address, but it is not an easy
tasks.

Do you mean the login screen (sddm) does not follow the appearance set in
systemsettings ?
In which case, please report a bug for systemsettings and component kcm_sddm

> In addition, there is only one setting for the lock screen in the setting
item, and the two are not set separately.

I don't quite understand here.

Cheers

--
Méven