RFC: Using `-Wno-unused-parameter` in Plasma projects

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Oct 28 01:06:59 BST 2021

I agree that the status quo isn't ideal. Q_UNUSED() adds too much
relevance to the argument that happens to be not needed.

I think that the best most usable way is your b) where you comment out
the arguments.
I think the warning should be kept. The problem with c) is that we
pollute the namespace with an identifier that we don't use and in the
end I know I've solved issues at times noticing this warning.

That's all very subjective though, so take this all prefixed with a
big fat IMHO.

Cheers!
Aleix