Proposal: Split oxygen sounds

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Nov 26 00:08:18 GMT 2021

On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 2:55 PM Benjamin Port <benjamin.port at enioka.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently all plasma sounds came from oxygen, even if you use breeze theme you still need to install oxygen package in order to have sound notification for example.
>
> That's why I will suggest to split oxygen repository. Current oxygen repository will keep everything except sounds. And a new one oxygen-sounds will have them.
>
> This will allow to not depend on the whole oxygen theme anymore, and allow more minimal setup
>
> My action Plan (if you are ok with the split):
> - Ask sysadmin to create the new repository
> - Do the split

Not opposing, but:
- We need to be clear to coordinate with whoever takes on the task to
do the new sound theme:
https://community.kde.org/SoK/Ideas/2022#Plasma_Sound_Design
- Are you sure about oxygen-sounds? If we rely on it (at least for
now) from breeze it should be called something different like ocean or
whatever.

Aleix