Can we remove or quiet down the commit bot in the chatrooms

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu May 20 12:13:16 BST 2021

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 7:40 AM Carson Black <uhhadd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or in the territory of using a Matrix bot to post commits, I could add
> Matrix capabilities to my bot [1] that's already been monitoring
> invent.kde.org for roughly a year now and has been posting notifications
> to Telegram for that time.
>
> [1] https://invent.kde.org/cblack/kijetesantakalu_lukin

That is certainly something we could explore yes.

If we are looking at making this a more widely available service though, it
would be nice if we could arrange for this to be moved to one of our
servers (to ensure continuity of service). This would also make it possible
to consider the use of a Gitlab System Hook (which is a firehose of all
events that happen on a Gitlab instance, and is how the Identity sync
service operates) instead of having to poll the events API.

Cheers,
Ben