Monday meeting notes for 10/05/2021

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 10 11:32:08 BST 2021

David E
* We all need to be sure we're updating:
https://invent.kde.org/websites/kde-org/-/blob/work/plasma5-22/content/announcements/plasma/5/5.22.md
* with anything we've done that relates to 5.22
* Nate's done quite a good job of populating some things, I'm sure we
might have some others.
* Also my usual gripe - we need a bit of help with kwin bug triaging.
plasmashell is in a good state currently, but kwin has a problematic
trend ATM

Bhushan
* I had been working on releasing plasma mobile applications at moment
* Little bit annoyed about how most applications don't do versioning correctly
* and had to fix almost all applications
* also I want to include :
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/778 in 5.22,
review welcome
[d_ed agrees]

Nico
* I did a bit of work on mobile things
* Reworked the contact UI in plasma-phonebook
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/plasma-phonebook/-/merge_requests/44
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/plasma-phonebook/-/merge_requests/24
* Also worked on the Dialer showing proper contact info in the
notification instead of the number
Other:
* plasma-pa: Hide some settings that are inapplicable to PipeWire:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-pa/-/merge_requests/63
* Port Keyboard KCM to KconfigXT:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/453
* Do some CMake cleanup:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/454

Marco
# Kirigami
* started to flesh out an api in libkirigami (usable from both qml and
c++) to identify form factors, scren sizes, input types etc (hopefully
better than the settings.ismobile and that can encompass
plasma-bigscreen as well)
# Plasma
* as a proof of concept started in a fork a libplasma version that has
only applet, containment, containmentaction, corona, to see how
difficult the split for plasma6 will be
# System Settings
Fixed bugs:
* clicking on Appearande Global theme is now highlighted
* fixed headers now they appear for all kcms
* Landing page entry doesn't appear anymore in sidebar when enabling
highlight changed entries
# Plasma Mobile
* Merged the homescreen multipage refactor
* started a prototype of an alternative homescreen based on the same
components, that one with just a paginated set of icons without a
bottom drawer

--
Marco Martin