Feedback and problems regarding the application launcher

Michael Algemeen info at michaelroeleveld.nl
Tue Jun 22 14:16:02 BST 2021

Dear recipient,

I am writing you because I have some feedback and problems regarding the application launcher.

I have replaced kcalc with another calculator. I uninstalled it via the package manager, but it stays in the launcher. I can't figure out how to get rid of it, can you help?

Also, when I type “ca”, the first program it returns is “cantana” despite never using it. Can I make it suggest “Calculator” instead? Xfce does this.

Also, how do I remove entries that aren't actually installed at all? It makes for a lot of cruft. I can't find the settings for this anywhere