Akademy Plasma Bof

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Wed Jun 9 20:13:35 BST 2021

On 07/06/2021 10:42, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> Do we want a plasma bof at akademy?
> often we do a full day one, which may or may not be useful,
> depending on what topic we do have.
> Personally i would like to make one about plasma 6
> Any day/time preference? other topics?

Hi,

in terms of topics I'd like to discuss how some recent efforts integrate
and depend on each other. In particular the long-proposed rewrite of
present windows ties into the ongoing work on the scene and effects API
redesign and QtQuick integration. This also ties into the realtime
gesture work by Janet
(https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/1059) and the
design of present windows/other overviews. I'd like everyone involved to
have some shared understanding of a timeline and design goals so that
e.g. we have a design idea ready once we can implement a present windows
successor.

Cheers

Nico