Adding multitouch touchpad integration and interface for KDE and KDE applications

Anurag Dhadse anudhadse66 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 06:42:19 GMT 2021

Hello KDE plasma developers.
I am a fan of KDE as the most usable and customizable Desktop Environment
out there. Even the motto says "Simple by default, powerful when needed".
But I think KDE lacks the amazing productivity power it can achieve when
completely "integrated" with gestures.

By "integrated" I does not that mean few gesture that the user MUST
configure AFTER he has installed KDE, *BUT* gesture that *comes by default* to
open overview, switch application, forward and backward navigation
configurable from System Settings for all KDE applications (atleast), and
1:1 gesture for Virtual desktop transition and much more.

I know that few gestures are implemented in wayland, but* they are not
configurable from system settings*, *support is also lacking for kde
applications* *because of a lack of common interface.*

The only thing that inhibits my adoption of KDE is gestures and making this
integration can make KDE set far ahead of time.

I am personally not familiar with the KDE codebase, but would like to do
this integration for that I would require your support to take the
necessary steps and lay the foundation. I know this is much more difficult
than stating here but this can bring a good user experience to laptop users.

Thank you all.
Aunrag Dhadse