Using C++20 in Plasma

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Aug 6 13:28:35 BST 2021

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 at 12:06, Nicolas Fella <nicolas.fella at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I would like to explore whether it would be feasible from a distribution
> > POV to use C++20 in Plasma (and other non-Frameworks projects).

>From the FreeBSD side of things, the "oldest" version of the distribution
still supported is 11.4 (released June 23, 2020), which says in the release
notes:

The clang, llvm, lld, lldb, and compiler-rt utilities as well as libc++ have
been updated to upstream version 10.0.0.

FreeBSD 11 is on its way out, though; 12 has clang 10.0.1, while 13 -- let's
call this the most "relevant" release for current use -- has clang 11.0.1. So
there's no practical issue for us.

[ade]