D28705: Don't consider player gone when it only got temporarily added by us

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 9 17:17:42 BST 2020

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, fvogt, ognarb.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We temporarily add players created by JS to the DOM so we can access them from the content-script.
  When the player is removed again - at least on Firefox - the MutationObserver notices that and we signal the player being gone.
  This causes media controls for HTML5 Audio to be immediately rescinded when created but not played immediately.

TEST PLAN
  Only Firefox seems to do this:

  - Google Translate still works
  - Can now properly control the voice samples on https://forvo.com/search/test/