D19373: [RFC] [Splash Screen] Use current "Next" wallpaper as the background

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 26 21:55:53 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D19373#420768 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19373#420768>, @rooty wrote:

  > Hold on, could we?
  >  If we created a symlink, say Background.png, in /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze
  >  Could we make the sddm theme and this splash screen use that same file?

  Yes, it would be perfectly possible to do that. Whether or not this is desirable is another matter of course. :) We'd need to adjust the UI in the SDDM KCM to mention that it also affects the splash screen.

  This occurred to me while I was making the patch, but I decided to leave it out for now. I think whether the login and splash screens should always have the same image is an interesting idea that needs more discussion before patches are submitted. :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> filipf wrote in Splash.qml:28
> This will get removed in D18006 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18006> so we should use `3840x2160.png` instead

D18006 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18006> isn't going to land in 5.16 (if ever), so I would prefer to use the same value as the SDDM theme current uses to make sure that the visuals are identical. If and when D18006 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18006> lands, we do this there too.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  splash-screen-uses-next-wallpaper (branched from master)