D19077: Fix long labels not being wrapped

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 21 00:17:20 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D19077#416397 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19077#416397>, @ngraham wrote:

  > With the default System Settings window size (and default font & size), the URLs now get cut off at the bottom nearly all the time.

  I probably need to add bottom padding to the lowest label or add it to the rectangle's height.

  > Also, having all the metadata in a stacked list of strings isn't as nice as I think it could be. We could save a lot of space by combining things, like this:
  >
  >   Heading
  >   [Description] by [author, whose name is a clickable email address] ([license])

  Do we need to save space though? There is a lot more vertical space  to be used here than horizontal space. And it's not like the preview image will get bigger if we save some vertical space.

  > Also, I noticed a lot of whitespace issues in the raw diff (trailing spaces, indented newlines, etc). I find that it's helpful to do a final `git diff` before every submission. To see the diff of the current state against the last commit in the repo, you can do `git diff HEAD^`.

  True, will be fixed in the new diff update.

  > Finally, I hope you know that the color hack won't fly with @davidedmundson, no matter how well it works. :) David's rule is that any hack must be working around an understood and unavoidable bug, with a bug report in a comment to explain it. For this issue, I suspect that once you understand the problem in the C++ code file, the he solution will reveal itself. :)

  Hopefully, although I'm seeing no color property for the QQuickWidget that seems to be responsible for the issue.

  Thanks for all your help with this!

INLINE COMMENTS

> main.qml:63
> +                radius: 7
> +                samples: 15
> +                color: "black"

Needs to be bumped to 16 because it renders badly with 15.

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)