D9762: [Image Wallpaper] Just use Timer to determin when we're ready

M. Vefa Bicakci noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 17 17:05:20 GMT 2019

bicakci added a comment.

  Hello!

  This commit causes a regression on my system. [1] In summary, during plasma's start-up the desktop background/wallpaper is initially displayed, but as soon as kscreen sets up the displays there are a number of flickers and the wallpaper is replaced with black background. I can reproduce this issue relatively reliably with compositing switched off.

  I was able to resolve this issue locally by reverting this commit on my system, and I verified that the reverted commit resolves the aforementioned regression. I found this commit by inspecting the git history.

  Would it be possible to revert and/or rework this commit?

  Thank you!

  [1] An x86_64 laptop with an up-to-date version of Kubuntu 18.04 with plasma-workspace 5.12.7, connected to an external display using HDMI.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace