D18934: WIP: [Notifications] Remove close button border by porting to IconItem

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 12 19:30:52 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D18934#410952 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18934#410952>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Let me know if that appeals to you.

  You bet it does, it's looks much better. Unfortunately from what I'm seeing "window-close" is picked up from the desktop\Plasma theme while "window-close-symbolic" is picked up from the icon theme.

  In practice that means if you, for instance, use the Oxygen icon theme and the Adapta desktop\Plasma theme, the default look of things is:

  F6611674: Screenshot_20190212_201605.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6611674>

  And when you hover over the icon you get this:

  F6611676: Screenshot_20190212_201619.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6611676>

  ... which is the opposite of what we'd want!

  In D18934#410954 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18934#410954>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Or alternatively we could make the existing ToolButton `flat` all the time and then it will have the advantage of behaving like all other ToolButtons that people are already familiar with.:

  We've thought about this too, but the problem is that the button is still centered and placed within a button, which makes it look badly aligned:

  F6611691: Screenshot_20190212_202517.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6611691>

  Ideally we actually wanted to use **RoundButton**, but we cannot for the life of us get icons to show up in it.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace