D18571: Add "apply on double-click" feature to most other recent ported KCMs

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 11 15:35:08 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  That's true, this would be new and unprecedented. But it that necessarily a bad thing? It's just a hidden accelerator, that's all. It feels very natural to me, and IMO it's far nicer than having to click the Apply button after selecting a new style/theme/wallpaper/whatever. That awkward workflow is one of my biggest pet peeves with System Settings.

  Maybe this patch isn't the best way to fix that, but in that case I'd like to start a conversation regarding how we //do// fix it, because it's a real problem. We are now the last people not using the "Instant Apply" paradigm. While it's not so bad in most places, I find it //really// awkward and unwelcome in these grid view KCMs.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop