D18805: Workaround for the bug 393630 - SystemTray part

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 7 16:06:11 GMT 2019

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  > I really don't know that sharing model between contexts cause a such behavior.

  Sorry, I used the wrong word. Sharing contexts is fine. Sharing across engines is problematic.

  QQmlData is shared between engines, but the relevant QObjectWrapper is
  not. Since 749a7212e903d8e8c6f256edb1836b9449cc7fe1 when a
  QObjectWrapper is deleted it resets the shared QQmlData propertyCache.

  Any code path on the first engine that use the propertycache need to rebuild it

  (In an ideal world we wouldn't have 2 engines, but that's a whole different topic)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace