D18766: Don't show tooltip when search field has text and set a timeout period

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 5 18:49:08 GMT 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D18766#406035 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18766#406035>, @shubham wrote:

  > When user is typing text, the tooltip continuosly shown above distracts and looks ugly

  Agreed. There's no need to see the keyboard shortcut to focus the search field after the user has already focused it and is currently using it.

  However this is currently very broken: the tooltip always disappears after like a quarter of a second now. That won't fly. Please test for behavior as well as code before publishing a patch. I'm not sure you even need to add the `timeout: ` line at all.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store