Monday meeting minutes for 2019-02-04 (week 6)

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Feb 4 13:24:54 GMT 2019

Of special note: We decided on doing another 5.14.x release to round up
Folder View and Discover fixes, to aid Debian Stable which will ship
5.14.x. This will happen pending th completion of some Discover work for
the branch.

kbroulik
========

- Merged new Color KCM \o/
- Desktop Theme KCM can now install from remote locations (via KIO)
- Dolphin now defaults to sort and group by date in Downloads folder
- Investigated why fonts:/ KCM doesn't show thumbnails, found cause, no
real fix yet (WIP D18654)
- Fixed unreadable tooltip text colors in GTK2 settings written by
kde-gtk-settings
- Looked into icon support in ComboBox
-- difficult because of QIcon vs QQuickIcon
-- Fixed crash in Breeze style when you do that from QQC
- Minor optimizations in Plasma
Work todo:
- Follow-up patch for Color KCM to add search field and filter: D18646
- Now on Qt 5.12, working nicely so far, tooltip text size is glitched
out but supposedly fixed in Qt 5.12.1 already
- Please review: D18487 D18700 D18701 D18718

bshah
=====

- PlaMo sprint starting from today
- Worked on Qt 5.12 upto last week
- Worked with d_ed yesterday on scaling fix for PlaM
still work in progress ^^
and FOSDEM :)

romangg
=======

Gonna merge this week Xwl DND (now for real, waited for latest
frameworks release in light of KWayland patches).
Thinking of joining the PlaMo sprint. But would be only the last few days.

zzag
====

* Splited out the Desktop Effects KCM
* Did some code tidying in KWin
* Rebased my window rules patches on David's changes

Sho
===

* Finished and merged patch for the "icons sometimes scrambled at boot"
issue
* Finished and merged fix for the "new items sometimes get duplicated" issue
* Helped merge a patch for a DND position validation issue

leinir
======

In short: We need two patches, one which simply reverts a commit, and
one which causes certain backends to be disabled after a timeout (which
will render some things less functional on very slow connections, but
will at least make Discover not entirely broken for those users)
Right, will get that under way momentarily - i don't expect the second
patch to be a huge amount of work, and of course the former is a revert
(which incidentally has been tested by three users with the bug, who
report it as worked-around with that commit reverted)

Cheers,
Eike