QtCreator with Kirigami for Subsurface

jani at apache.org jani at apache.org
Sun May 27 11:06:09 UTC 2018

Hi

My name is Jan Iversen, I am working on the Subsurface project to make subsurface-mobile have more of the
Features currently only available in our desktop version. This of course means using more kirigami and QtQuick.2

I would like to use Qt Creator to do big parts of the kirigami qml design, instead of “guessing” the result, but it doesn’t work.

Currently when I open a qml document, the plugin line:
import org.kde.kirigami 2.2 as Kirigami
Is accepted with no errors

But all Kirigami specific lines like e.g.
Kirigami.ScrollablePage {
Have the error “Unknown component (M00)

I work on a Mac (primarily doing iOS work), and have generated the plugin and moved org/kde/kirigami to the Qt qml directory,
As well as copied the dylib files to Qt Creator App Frameworks and plugins/designer

When I start Qt Creator I can see in “About plugins” that it has not found a designer plugin.

I have also tried to start Qt Creator from the command line with -load kirigamiplugin, but I get an error message saying it does not exist.

Can you please advice, how I can design the kirigami/qml files using QtCreator.

A big thank for your efforts with kirigami and another thanks for a hopefully positive answer.
rgds
Jan I.

Ps. I am not subscribed to your ML, so please CC me on responses.