D12679: Show SNI when software renderer is in use

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 3 14:09:04 UTC 2018

broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> softwarerendernotifier.cpp:14
> +{
> +    if (QQuickWindow::sceneGraphBackend() == QLatin1String("software")) {
> +        auto group = KSharedConfig::openConfig()->group(QStringLiteral("softwarerenderer"));

Returns empty string for me, as it's too early in the startup:

> \note The return value of this function may still be outdated by
>  subsequent calls to setSceneGraphBackend() until the first QQuickWindow in the
>  application has been constructed.

(I verified with `QSG_INFO` that I'm running software)

> softwarerendernotifier.cpp:28
> +    setTitle(i18n("Software Renderer In Use"));
> +    setToolTipTitle(i18n("Your system is using the fallback software renderer. It will be slow."));
> +    setIconByName(QStringLiteral("video-card-inactive"));

This will cause that long text to show up as main text in huge font. Should probably use the subtext so the "Software Renderer In Use" is the tooltip main title

(Also, in some cases the software renderer is actually faster :P how about "performance might be reduced" or something like that?)

> softwarerendernotifier.cpp:48
> +
> +SoftwareRendererNotifier::~SoftwareRendererNotifier()
> +{}

`= default`

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace