D8504: Scaled decorations in QPainter mode

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 26 18:21:48 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: KWin, kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Under wayland we support high DPI putting by putting a separation
  between the logical co-ordinate system and the resolution of rendered
  assets.

  I didn't include window decorations in the previous wayland scaling
  patchset. They were drawn them at a standard resolution, which is
  implicitly scaled up.

  This uses the Qt scaling, meaning oxygen and breeze (and others) get
  perfect high DPI support with zero client changes.

  Like the window scaling this handles any combination of a 2x scaled
  decoration being rendered on a 1x screen or vice versa.

  CCBUG: 384765

TEST PLAN
  export KWIN_COMPOSE=Q
  Had two screens of different scales
  It was the right size on both (as before)
  Was super-sharp on the fancy screen

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  scaled_decs_qpainter

AFFECTED FILES
  decorations/decorationrenderer.cpp
  plugins/scenes/qpainter/scene_qpainter.cpp