Plasma 5.12 goal: let's get Wayland ready!

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:53:05 UTC 2017

On martedì 10 ottobre 2017 21:40:14 CEST Martin Flöser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to put out a development goal for the Plasma team for the
> upcoming 5.12 cycle: let's get Wayland ready!
>
> The last two weeks I saw two blog posts by two different Plasma members
> showing screenshots running X. That disappointed me. I hoped that we all
> are running Wayland already and working on getting it finished for our
> users.
>
> So I want to ask every one of you to start doing all development on
> Wayland. Use it as your daily driver. Use it for hacking, gaming,
> browsing and whatever else you do on your system. But use it!
>
> Don't find an excuse for yourself, just use it. If there is a show
> stopper: fix it or report a bug!

yep, i like it and  i'll try!
some times tough some help is needed to even figure out where the problem is...
for tme the thing that makes my laptop unusable with wayland is a very bad
flicker in many qwidget apps, especially kate and to a lesse extent dolphin are
pretty much blinking like disco lights just by moving the mouse on top of the
app window.

Where should i start to look about that?

--
Marco Martin