KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR - where should point?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:56:04 UTC 2017

On 25/01/2017 05:44 μμ, šumski wrote:
> On utorak, 24. siječnja 2017. 20:45:24 CET Michail Vourlakos wrote:
>> I have the following situation and I would like you to clarify it in
>> order to open a bug in the distro that should fix this...
>>
>> KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR  for CMAKE
>>
>> in openSUSE
>>
>> points to /usr/share/locale but the translations are in
>> /usr/share/locale/kf5
>>
> They point there as we wanted to avoid conflicts with kdelibs4-based workspace
> translations.
in that case, it isnt a good idea to have something like:
KF5_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR to avoid the confusion?

> Unless you have something like this[1] in ki18n package,
> translations will be found only in $prefix/share/locale...
the mentioned package is just a plasma5 plasmoid that should install its
translations at /usr/share/locale/kf5 (according to openSUSE directory
tree). In order to achieve this in openSUSE at its cmake main file we use:

KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR/kf5

but this from distro to distro creates breakage. This is why I am asking if aKF5_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR would be a good idea. regards, michail