[Differential] [Request, 43 lines] D4059: Replace recursive layout loading with dynamic loading

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 10 02:21:13 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The previous code worked as follows:

  - when we show a menu we would emit aboutToShow on the root item
  - we would then recursively load the /entire/ menu structure before

  emitting we were done.

  Because we only sent aboutToShow on the root menu, any clients that were connected to
  a submenu's aboutToShow never got an aboutToShow signal.

  This patch does the (in retrospect far more obvious) fix of just
  calling aboutToShow dynamically on each submenu when it's time to show,
  then updating the menu whilst it's showing.

TEST PLAN
  Dynamic menus now work, DBus traffic is considerably down

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master