D5401: Fix KWin decoration KCM showing correct index at startup

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 11 17:05:51 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: KWin, kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The KCM has a context property of the currently set theme index. This is
  set before the decorations model is populated, so it is currently always
  -1.

  This model is populated after the constructor but before
  KCModule::load().

  KCModule::load is called from KCModule::showEvent so before
  QQuickGridView will start doing anything with delegates.

  This fixes the problem simply and also avoid parsing the config file
  multiple times.

  This bug was introduced in 5.9.4:

  Someone made a (tested) change to make sure the view scrolled to the
  right place on startup.
  I then made a (tested) commit fixing the crash on exit
  The author then updated his patch to my changes, but now in a way that
  didn't work.

TEST PLAN
  Opened system settings module with a million decorations.
  The correct entry was visible and highlighted.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  Plasma/5.9