[KWin Question] - KWin authorize external docks to manipulate tasks and windows

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 07:09:55 UTC 2017

ping...

Hello everyone...

Merging Now Dock with Candil Dock we managed to release
Latte Dock the last weekend and we are more than happy to use only
kde and plasma technologies!! :) In the next phase of Latte development we
are
trying to make a plan for supporting wayland... Yesterday I managed to open
wayland session in openSUSE Tumbleweed for plasma 5.9
(it just run with the official packages with no adjustments) and tried to
run
Latte just for fun in it, so it opened and it looked fantastic! :) I
suppose it uses
the xwayland to achieve this... you can see a screenchot for it  at:

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/2216474/24677245/c9f422de-198e-11e7-802a-8e489484556c.png

we havent added yet any wayland specific code and we were expecting crashes
etc. but this
didnt happen... many kudos for everyone working around wayland porting
etc!!!

Being in that point we would like please an update concerning the use of
kwayland from
external apps like Latte...

What is the situation in plasma 5.9, is there a way to access these
privileged apis?
if not, are there any plans when such support may be possible?

thank you very much once more !!!

regards,
michail