[Differential] [Commented On] D1989: Introduce QQuickItem to nest kwin_wayland

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 13 09:25:05 UTC 2016

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1989#39559, @bdhruve wrote:

  > I am not getting how to proceed further now, can you please help me on this? Also, current confusion i have is, should kwin_wayland nested window appear when i run qmlscene? Because currently it does appear.

  No, it should not show. If it shows it means that it picks the wrong backend. This of course explains why the slot is not hit. It doesn't connect to the Wayland server you start thus it never tries to create a surface.

  Now the question is why it doesn't pick the right platform. The evaluation for that is in main_wayland.cpp - if I see correctly the problem is that there it's only checked for env variable WAYLAND_DISPLAY, but not also for WAYLAND_SOCKET.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES