Systemd kcm module - inclusion in Plasma?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Wed Apr 29 16:43:50 UTC 2015

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
>> Just run kdesrc-build and gave it a try and was greeted with an error message:
>> http://paste.opensuse.org/54725251
>>
>> That's on a Debian stable/testing system and the file does not exist. As that
>> file is missing on that distribution an error message is wrong ;-) Otherwise I
>> would also suggest to not use an in-your-face dialog but rather a
>> KMessageWidget.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, Martin. I agree with you about the error
> message and will change this to a KMessageWidget.

FYI, we patch this out of systemd-kcm in Debian at time, since
coredumps aren't (yet?) handled by our systemd.
So maybe instead of displaying an error, just hide the page for coredumpctl?
(Making a check for Debian is also not a good idea, since we might
enable coredumpctl and coredumps-in-journal support at one time in the
future)

Cheers,
    Matthias