Release schedule for Plasma Next

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 15:40:55 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 29 January 2014 13:52:43 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We said that we wanted to release Plasma Next early this summer, so it's
> about time we nail down a release schedule.
>
> Proposed Release Schedule
>
> * Mon, 10th March Feature Freeze
> * Thu 13th March Beta 1
> * Tue 15th April Beta 2
> * Thu 15th May Release Candidate
> * Tue 17th June Plasma 2014.6 Final
>
> This gives us another good 5 weeks to finish missing features we identified
> during the sprint, and then 3 months in which we can make it really shine
> for release.
>
> What do you think?

\o/ it's already released to public:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTU4NjU

To whoever poked Michael L. about it: please think whether it was useful to
make media aware of our internal discussions and announce a release date
before we finished the discussion and announce it through our media channel.
Also it sucks that he already uses a version number even though we haven't
announced one yet.

This really sucks and I'm quite pissed. This also goes to Phoronix for
reporting about internal discussion. Awesome that you get the hits for
reporting it first, but it makes working in the open really hard. To whoever
poked Michael in the first place, please also pass this one on.

Cheers
Martin