Release schedule for Plasma Next

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 14:52:38 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 29 January 2014 13:52:43 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> What do you think?

I'd like to propose:

* Renaming Beta 1 to "Alpha", mostly to hedge our bets on expectation
  management. I realize we haven't been using Alpha for the KDE 4 SC
  schedules lately, but Plasma Next isn't in "always summer in trunk"
  mode just yet. Reintroducing the Alpha milestone or not might mean
  making a decision between garnering goodwill and optimizing for
  tester uptake, but I feel like doing it would be the right thing
  both for the goodwill factor and also to ramp up tester uptake and
  thus public bug reporting more slowly than jumping right from a
  Tech Preview into Beta.

* Adding a week or so between feature freeze and Alpha (aka Beta 1)
  for integration in case anything lands late.

Cheers,
Eike