Date in digital-clock?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 10:06:12 UTC 2014

On Thursday 06 February 2014 08:16:43 Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current way it is in plasma-desktop is broken imho, as Martin already
> pointed out. But I think we should not drop that feature.
>
> My proposal would be a simple checkbox which gives you a "Thu, Feb 6 08:10"
> (locale aware of course "Di, 6. Feb. 08:10") in one row. That is a bit
> longer, yes, but should still fit neatly in your panel for those that need
> a date at a glance and way more useful and readable than showing it in two
> rows, and the year doesn't change that often that you couldn't remember it.
> ;)

one thing that i should also throw on the stack, is that another thing that
was possible (and unlike the date, i actually liked it;) is to have several
time zone configured, so it may become even longer, Thu, Feb 6 08:10 CEST

btw i think it should be or one or two lines adjusting itself depending on the
panel height or on the panel orientation (in a vertical panel you are pretty
much forced to go multi line)

--
Marco Martin