Reshuffling startup to start activity manager after ksmserver

Simon Persson simonpersson1 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 07:30:05 UTC 2013

On Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:23:20 PM ICT, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>> I would say that the right thing (what I as a user would expect to happen)
>> is that clicking "save session" in the kickoff menu would save which
>
> I might be missing the point - kamd loads the last used
> activity on login (if
> it doesn't, it is a bug). What would change if we saved at 'save session'?

Hello Ivan,

yes you did. The point is that when setting "restore manually saved session" as the login behavior (setting for ksmserver) then the "save session" button appears in kickoff and only what was running at the time you click that button should then get started at all future logins.

The needed change for this to work would be for kamd to _not_ save the running state to file every time it changes, but instead only when asked by the session manager to save state. (For applications that is done by overriding the implementation of QApplication::saveState() or by using KSessionManager)