Default activity naming issues

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Wed May 15 15:07:27 UTC 2013

Kevin> Ahem... Sorry for the ramblings. :-)

No need to apologize, sidetracking this theme to discuss nice things is not
a crime :)

I totally agree with the workflow you'd like to have (I'd like it as well
:) )

Aaron> If we want a meangingful default name

At this time, until somebody brave enough introduces a first-run wizard
again :), we don't need a meaningful name - just the name that will not
lead to confusion.

That is why I liked the 'Main activity' name (I'm using just 'Main' for
stuff that don't belong to any activity).
 It is, in essence, as meaningful as untitled/new folder/new activity but
should not lead to problems we now have:
- link to main activity
- switch to main activity
is not bad.

Martin> what are you using your system primarily for?
Martin> * work
Martin> * videos
Martin> * Internet

That would be quite nice - it could even create more than one activity.
But, as I said, we'll need a solution for P1, and I don't think anyone will
want to do this before P2.

Cheerio!

p.s. Thanks for the help on (for most of us) seemingly irrelevant things. :)

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard