KActivities::Info::linkedResources

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Jan 15 12:10:03 UTC 2013

> great; we can use this in SLC in future releases... glad to see more async
> and less pause-inducing paths :)

If the api freeze exception is not granted, we can call directly the service
method from slc.

> > The first idea is to make the method return nothing (and note that in the
> > apidox).
>
> imho mark it as deprecated and leave it. there's no point in purposefully
> breaking code. as you note, nobody is using it other than SLC anyways, so
> the chances are slim, particularly if it is marked as deprecated with a
> pointer to the correct method in docs.

IMO, there is a big reason for making it noop - it is not only blocking for
the client, it also blocks the Resource module of KAMD (other modules live in
other threads, so they are not affected by this) - just as the client needs to
get the items from kamd, kamd needs to get them from nepomuk and pass on, and
all that takes time.

> it also means we don't have to worry about thinking if/how it breaks SLC in
> certain version combinations.

If we get the method into 4.10, or go for the solution from the above, I don't
see this as a problem.

Ch

--
 A program that has not been tested does not work.
  -- Bjarne Stroustrup