Help with plasmoid development.

Arthur Taborda arthur.hvt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 01:08:16 UTC 2013

Hi. I am developing a pomodoro timer plasmoid in QML. The documentation
unfortunately is not so helpful yet, so I need some help right now :)

My plasmoid is in KDE Look and in github:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Tomatoid?content=152459
https://github.com/arthurtaborda/Tomatoid

1) My plasmoid was doing KDE Notifications just fine in 4.8 and 4.9, but in
4.10 they are not working anymore, with the following code:

function notify(summary, body) {
    var engine = dataEngine("notifications");
    var service = engine.serviceForSource("notification");
    var op = service.operationDescription("createNotification");
    op["appName"] = tomatoid.appName;
    op["appIcon"] = "chronometer"
    op["summary"] = summary;
    op["body"] = body;
    op["timeout"] = 7000;

    service.startOperationCall(op);

    console.log(op)
}

I don't receive any error messages.

2) Tomatoid will have a option to show a kdialog instead of a notification
when a pomodoro ends, because usually the user miss the notification. So I
need to know how to show a dialog.

3) I have to use some elements of Qt.multimedia in my plasmoid. Apparently,
I need to install the package qt-mobility. So, how to require this package
to install my plasmoid?

Thanks for your help. :)

--
Arthur Taborda